Temporary Water Meter Rental Agreement
You are currently not signed in. Sign in or create an account for added features.
* indicates required field.
Contact Phone Number
1. A deposit is required to use a temporary meter, which includes a rental fee and a meter deposit fee. The meter deposit fee is refundable if the meter is returned in satisfactory condition, as determined by the District, and upon full payment of all billing charges for water usage. The rental fee is not refundable.
¾ inch meter $850.00
1 inch meter $850.00
2 inch meter $1,550.00
3 inch meter $1,550.00
Non-Refundable Rental Fee
$50 0 to 6 months
$100 6 to 12 months
$150 More than 12 months
2. Meter readings should be reported to the District office at (615)628-0237 by the customer between the first (1st) and the fifth (5th) of each month. Failure to do so will result in a $10.00 penalty for each instance the meter reading is not reported.
3. Customer will be billed monthly for water usage, including a minimum bill charge when applicable. Failure to receive a billing statement does not release the customer from payment obligation. Late fees will be applied to outstanding charges not paid by the due date. In the event that a meter reading cannot be obtained or if the meter is found to be defective, the amount of water used and billed will be estimated by the District by using meter readings and water usage from a period of similar service or if none exists then the District will estimate water usage using the best information available.
4. Customer agrees to be responsible for the meter and any other equipment from the date the temporary meter is issued until the meter and any other equipment is returned to Mallory Valley Utility District. Customer will be provided a check valve with the meter. The check valve must be used with the meter. Customer must provide protection, which may include removal and storage of the meter as well as proper draining of the fire hydrant, in the event of cold or severe weather. Customer should use the appropriate fire hydrant wrench when attaching and detaching a temporary water meter to a fire hydrant. The temporary meter will not be relocated without permission of Mallory Valley Utility District.
5. While in the customer’s possession, customer will be liable for any damage to the meter, equipment and/or fire hydrant. Damage, repairs and/or equipment replacement will result in loss of all or part of the meter deposit fee and/or additional charges, as determined by the District. In some circumstances, failure to properly utilize the temporary water meter may result in the confiscation of the temporary water meter, loss of the deposit, and additional meter tampering penalties.
6. Customer must submit the temporary meter for inspection by Mallory Valley Utility District once every three months. Failure to do so will result in loss of the use of the temporary water meter and the deposit will not be returned. We request that temporary meters be returned if they have not been used in 6 months.
7. If customer is negligent in the use of the temporary water meter, Mallory Valley Utility District will confiscate the meter without notice. If use of the temporary water meter is revoked for any reason, the deposit will not be returned. Customer will abide by the Mallory Valley Utility District Rules and Regulations pertaining to the use of a temporary water meter.
I agree to electronically sign and to create a legally binding contract between the other party and myself, or the entity I am authroized to represent.
I agree to Municipal Forms